Alkaline Gut Healing Soup
*This is a delicious, soothing soup to heal your gut.
Even if we don’t know why, we can really feel it when we have an unhealthy gut. We feel fatigued, uncomfortable and it can ruin our lives. Simply put, you can’t be healthy with an unhealthy gut so I’ve found you the perfect, soothing recipe* that will help you look after your gut and reap the benefits that come from it. And it’s delicious to boot!
* See my blog post on gut health for a more in depth look at how great this soup is for you!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
200g lentils (or one can, drained and washed)
1 large sweet potato
1 large handful of spinach
1 red bell pepper (capsisum)
2 tbsp chopped dill
1 handful of cashews (roughly chopped)
4 cloves of garlic
1 brown onion
200ml yeast-free, MSG-free vegetable stock
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Prepare the lentils, if dried and set aside. This takes the longest!
- Next, roughly chop the onion and garlic and warm gently in a very large saucepan with the coconut oil
- While these are browning and flavouring up, chop the peel and chop the sweet potato and carrots roughly, and once chopped, add to the pan and get it all mixed together and coated in oil. Stir for about 2 minutes to start to warm the root veg and get the flavours of the garlic and onion onto and into them
- Now add the vegetable stock, and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are just warmed through but not overcooked – we want to maintain as much of the nutrients as possible.
- Add the lentils in now for the last five minutes to get these warmed through too
- Next, transfer to a blender or food processor (do in batches if your blender isn’t big enough to do all of this at once) and add in the avocado, capsicum (roughly chopped and deseeded), spinach and dill. Keep just a few sprigs of dill back if you want to garnish.
- Blend until smooth and serve with those sprigs of dill, sprinkle with the chopped cashews and drizzle with a little olive oil at the end.*
Choc Fudge Balls
*These are absolutely delicious and as they are made from four “super foods”. I find they give me more energy when my energy levels are dropping. They are also so quick and easy to make!
Also they are so easy for kids to help make and great in lunch boxes too!
(As long as your children can eat nuts!)
2 cups dates
2 cups of Macadamia nuts
1/2 cup of organic raw Cacao Powder
Organic coconut to roll the choc balls in
Soak the nuts over night to activate them.
Wash the dates in boiling water then remove the pips.
Drain nuts and blend until quite fine. Some texture is great.
Add dates and blend then add the Cocao Powder and mix.
Roll into small balls and then roll them in coconut.
Orange jest added gives them a Jaffa taste!
Use any dried fruits, soaked and any combination of nuts!
Keep in the fridge or you can freeze them as well.
There are so many alternatives to this recipe so just use your imagination to create your favourite “balls” .
Thank to Samatha Warner of naturisme.com.au for this and many more recipes.*
Results may vary from client to client.
Do not use these ingredients if you are allergic to them or seek advice from your medical practitioner first.